INTERVIEW: JESSICA LUXE

Entrevista con Jessica de  www.jessicaluxe.com interview with Jessica from  www.jessicaluxe.com -Hey Jessica!! , Can you tell...


Entrevista con Jessica de www.jessicaluxe.com
interview with Jessica from www.jessicaluxe.com



-Hey Jessica!! , Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? (Name, age, nationality, occupation)
My name is Jessica Luxe; I'm a 21 year old Canadian with a British/ Irish background living in Vancouver, BC.
I'm going to school for Business right now, and I'm planning on majoring in marketing; specifically E-marketing because I love social media.

-Tell us a little bit about your blog and Why/how did you create it?
LUXE started as an OOTD diary, I had just left home at that point and I was trying to find myself using fashion, I guess. What kind of things worked on me, what didn't, stuff like that.

-What other job or hobbies do you have?
I'm a full-time student right now and apart from that, I work as a freelance social media consultant for fashion-based brands here in Vancouver. It's a lot of of working with them to create trendy looks using their pieces and then sharing those looks across social media platforms.

What means fashion to you?
Fashion to me is a form of expression. I wake up grumpy and I'll be wearing ripped leather and a beanie. If I'm feeling girly, I like being able to show that through an outfit. it's like communicating with the world without talking.

-Favorite fashion designers?
I don't have favorite fashion designers and I feel like that's weird to say, but I choose to make my own trends and try to be original without influence. Buuut, who can deny the latest Moschino cult collection?

- You have a very versatile style, tell us how do you choose a look?
Thank you! Choosing a look depends on how I feel or who I want to be that day. Most of the time, I style a look starting with a statement piece (gotta have it) and then I build around it.

-How Jessica Luxe had changed your life?
Having something you're very passionate about is good for the soul. LUXE has granted me access into the beautiful world of fashion and because of it; I'd had so many opportunities and met many brilliant people I wouldn't otherwise have.

-What does your family and friends think about blogging?
My family is kind of old-fashioned so I don't think they get it, but they're happy that I'm happy. My friends in the industry are really into it, and those who aren't don't really care, haha.

-Your city has a strong fashion scene or when you go out people stared at you all the time?
Vancouver was once named one of the worst dressed cities.. so you'd think that everyone was against fashion; but on the other hand, it's home to a lot of artists so I find that if I go out in something bold people naturally will stare, but it's usually because they appreciate it or find it interesting.

-A fashion rule you never break and one you always break
I'll never wear all black.. but sometimes I wear all black. I can't help it some days, I just want to dress as dark as possible.

-In terms of fashion what do you can live without?
I can't live without prints. I feel too boring if I just wear all plain colors, I need to throw anything printed into the look to feel satisfied. Also, sunglasses!

What inspired you the most?
The fine balance of fashion vs function is a big inspiration. I know a lot of people like the way Lady Gaga dresses, but because it isn't functional, you can't strive to dress like that too. I like to style a look that has both features and finding the right balance is a constant inspiration.

-In the future do you want to be…?
 I'm working towards being a social media consultant/ style blogger on an international scale. I'd love to be a travel blogger and connect with brands around the world, working with them to create trendy lookbooks and covering events.

-And last give us and advice or a life philosophy you practice
“What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” - Miuccia Prada


 Traduccion

 -Hola Jessica! Puedes contarnos algo sobre ti?
Mi nombre es Jessica Luxe tengo 21 años y soy canadiense con raíces británicas e irlandeses vivo en Vancouver, BC.
Estudio negocios y planeo especializarme en mercadeo, principalmente on- line porque amo los medios sociales.

-Cuéntanos un poco sobre tu blog y porque/como lo creaste?
LUXE empezó como un diario de outfits, en ese momento me había ido de casa y trataba de encontrarme a mí misma usando la moda, supongo. Qué clase de cosas funcionaban en mí, que cosas no, algo como eso.

-Que otros trabajos o pasatiempos tienes?
Ahora soy estudiante de tiempo completo y aparte de eso, trabajo por mi cuenta como consultante de medios sociales para marcas de moda locales en Vancouver.es mucho el trabajo con ellos para crear looks modernos usando sus piezas y luego compartir esos looks en sus plataformas de medios sociales.

-Que significa la moda para ti?
La moda para mi es una forma de expresión. Si despierto malgeniada estaré usando cuero rasgado y un gorro. Si me siento femenina, me gusta ser capaz de trasmitirlo a través de un traje.es como comunicarse con el mundo sin hablar.

-Tus diseñadores de moda favoritos?
No tengo diseñadores de moda favoritos y siento que es raro que lo diga, pero escojo crear mis propias tendencias y trato de ser original sin influencias. Pero quien se le puede negar a la nueva colección de culto de Moschino?

-Tienes un estilo muy versátil, cuéntanos como escoges un look?
Gracias! Escoger un look depende de cómo me siento o quien quiero ser ese día. La mayoría de las veces, creo un look empezando por una pieza muy fuerte (debo tenerla) y luego construyo el look partiendo de esta.

-Como Jessica Luxe ha cambiado tu vida?
Tener algo que te apasiona mucho es bueno para el alma. LUXE me ha concedido acceso al hermoso mundo de la moda y por esto, he tenido muchas oportunidades y conozco mucha gente brillante que de otra forma no tendría.

-Que piensan tu familia y amigos sobre bloguear?
Mi familia es algo pasada de moda así que no creo que lo entiendan, pero ellos están felices de que yo este feliz. Mis amigos en la industria están muy metidos en esto, y a los que no lo están no les importa, jajá.

-Tu ciudad tiene una fuerte escena de moda o cuando sales la gente te mira todo el tiempo?
Vancouver fue nombrada una de las ciudades peor vestidas…así que pensarías que todo mundo estaba en contra de la moda; pero por el otro lado, es hogar de muchos artistas así que descubrí que si salgo usando algo audaz la gente naturalmente me mirara, pero usualmente es porque lo aprecian o lo encuentran interesante.

-Una regla de la moda que nunca rompes y una que siempre rompes
Nunca me visto toda de negro…pero a veces lo hago. Algunas veces no lo puedo evitar, solo me quiero vestir lo más oscuro posible.

-En términos de moda, no puedes vivir sin…?
No puedo vivir sin estampados.me siento aburrida si solo uso colores planos, necesito arrojar algo estampado en el look para sentirme satisfecha. También, gafas de sol!

-Que es lo que más te inspira?
El delgado balance entre moda vs funcionalidad es una gran inspiración. Sé que a mucha gente le gusta la forma en que Lady Gaga se viste, pero porque no es funcional, tú no puedes hacer el esfuerzo de vestirte así también. Me gusta crear un look que tenga ambas características y encontrar el balance es una constante inspiración.

-En el futuro quieres ser…?
Estoy trabajando en ser consultante medios sociales/bloguera de estilo en una escala internacional.me encantaría ser bloguera de viajes y conectarme con marcas alrededor del mundo, trabajar con ellas para crear lookbooks modernos y cubrir eventos.

-Por ultimo danos un consejo o una filosofía de vida que practiques
“Lo que usas es como te presentas al mundo, especialmente hoy, cuando el contacto humano es tan rápido. La moda es un lenguaje instantáneo.” – Miuccia Prada







You Might Also Like

0 Comentarios